The Internet had become even more competitive, the significance of search engine optimisation continues to increase. You can get the most out of your online marketing efforts by following the seven strategies that the top ranking sites are doing which improve their rankings tremendously. You may think that these sites invest tons of money in order to get their high rankings.
The fact is that these sites who are listed on the first page of Google, stick to certain basic search engine optimisation guidelines. These guidelines are simple and straightforward to follow and often cost little or nothing to execute.
1. Manually register your website with DMOZ which is also known as the Open Directory Project. The Open Directory Project is the main and fully human-edited directory online. It is created and maintained by a huge, global community of volunteer editors and also feeds other leading web directories.
2. Manually submit your site to Google. If you are not in a hurry, Google will eventually spider your site and return it in the search engine results listing your website on the keywords that you targeted. But, this may take a long time. You should visit Google and submit your site manually for faster inclusion.
3. Purchase a listing on Yahoo! Directory Submit. Yahoo! like Google provides many search products. However, Directory Submit is important for any business that goes online. Just a payment of $299, Yahoo! will provides expedited review of web sites you propose in their directory.
4. Try to use keywords with a high KEI (Keyword Effectiveness Index) by all means. This method will take into consideration on both the popularity and competitiveness of your keywords. By focusing on keywords with a higher KEI, you increase the possibility for search engines to choose your site for keywords at little or no expense.
5. Participate in a link building campaign. The more quality inbound links, preferably sites with high Google Page Rank, linking to your site. Google and other search engines will deemed your site is important and with authority. A great way to do this is through article submission to article directories or blog commenting.
6. Ensure all content on your site are easy to crawl. Search engine does not like static pages. Although this is changing with the introduction of Google Site Maps, it is still essential to ensure that all search engines can traverse your website without any difficulties. Make sure to use proper HTML coding and avoid dynamically created pages.
7. Allocate some time. Once you stick to these guidelines, do allow search engines enough time to re-index your site. Although everyone of us are looking for instant results but it does take some time for all of your search engine optimisation techniques to take in place.
By implementing the suggestions we have discussed in this article, your search engine optimisation hardwork will pay off and generate positive returns. As the world of search engines continue keep on evolving, it is important to be updated constantly about the recent techniques and requirements for improving search engine results. Do not lost track on SEO because if you do, you will achieve at the top of the rankings someday!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your followers on Twitter! I appreciate it, and I’m sure those who get it as a result of you sharing it will appreciate it too!
P.S. Be sure to leave your comments while you’re here. I always look forward to your thoughts and feedback. So I’m listening… Drop me a comment.